W E L C O M E
A G A I N !
LEARNING HTML IS LIKE LIKE LEARNING TO RIDE A BICYCLE.
YOU CANNOT LEARN HOW BY READING OR WATCHING.
YOU HAVE TO JUMP ON AND DO IT!
Here you will learn by doing.
When you actually DO it you will be surprised how fast you catch on.
Here you will learn how to make Italic and Bold words or sentences, how to
make a "Line" across a page like this
and how to write HTML to make a Link or to put
an Image on your page. Just look at the HTML after you use the "Link" or "Graphic"
button below. See_Notes_Below_Builder for
additional help with the Builder and other information on Links, Graphics, Background, plus.
You can make a page below, view it, study the HTML,
change it, view it again, as often as you want.
- Fill out the table with stuff you want to appear on your webpage.
- Try all the formatting buttons to see what they do.
- Click on Generate Source.
- Make adjustments if you want in the text area, which includes any graphics you
coded for the page.
- If you make adjustments in the upper text area (just below the buttons), click on
Generate Source again.
- You can type code in the lower window (the "generated source") as often as
you want. You can type in the <center></center> tags (not included in Builder) or List tags (see A Beginner's Guide to HTML - link lower down).
- Click on View to check out your page each time you Generate Source or make
changes in the lower window.
- If you want to save the source as a file you will have to copy and paste
to Notepad or other text editor. You can then copy from Notepad to your Online
Editor in AOL, ATT PWP, Tripod, etc., or any other Webpage space you may be
using. Or upload as an index.html or othername.html file by FTP, once you learn how.
NOTES: (03/03/03. Temporary note: a few links on some pages need changed or deleted. This will be done soon.)
- NETSCAPE USERS:
- Have placed some Graphics and Background images online and
given the URL's for them, and additional information, in the Pop-up pages linked
to below. Please use them to practice with the above HTML Builder.
- LINK button:
- This is self-explanatory. You will see when you use it. Examine
the HTML when you have made a link. Links Information
- GRAPHIC button:
- See Graphics
for a list of images you can use with the "Graphic" button, the correct URL for these,
and other instructions.
- How do I get a BACKGROUND on my page?
- For this you need more information on Backgrounds and
on the Opening <body> tag (included).
- Color Chart 1
- Shows the "hexadecimal" color codes for webpage background
colors, different colored fonts, etc.
Color Chart 2
- A different type of hexadecimal Color Chart,
The following pages come up in normal size Browser windows,
- Color Picker Body Tag
you to copy and paste, after you choose the matching colors you desire. Really
Neat! Check it out. See Example
Page. (There is a link to download the Color Picker
Body Tag Maker to your own computer, on it's page, bottom left. It is a Zip file.
After you unzip, Open the index.html file. I have a shortcut to the index.html on my
Desktop. The other files in the folder are used by the index.html.)
- Test Page
- This is a page I made with the HTML Builder above. You can "View Source"
and see the HTML as it was done by the Builder.
- Where? do I put my page on the Web?
- Webpage Hosting.
- How? Where? do I write my HTML for a page?
- HTML Editors - How to use.
- How do I get my page "Up There"?
- Uploading Files
- How to do this.
A Beginner's Guide to HTML
Template For Web Page
Template For Photo Pages
- Table Help Page
- Help for using Tables, including Tables for Border Backgrounds and Triple Backgrounds
- PLEASE take our advice and learn basic HTML tags, including body tag "attributes", image and link tags, BEFORE you start learning about Tables. Build a couple simple but nice pages with backgrounds, paragraphs, a couple images, and a link or two first.
We know cause we "been there, done that"! :o)
same Info-windows as given above, which include information you cannot learn
- These come up in a FULL SIZE browser window, not a small one like the
- You can resize the new window yourself if you wish to keep it up to use with
this page or the previous (main) page.
MORE HELP Atomz Search for starspiderdancing.net sites
Live "news" of Webmaster tips and tricks from Site Meter (advanced).
EasyCounter replaces on June 22, 2003
Back To Previous Page if not still open.
All Original Art -- Copyright © by Individual Artist -- All Rights
Site and Web Page design copyright © 2000 by Star Spider Dancing
-- All Rights Reserved
This page created 9/29/2000